Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NANL Server config
12-30-2007, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2008 05:23 PM by nifrek.)
NANL Server config
[size=large][b]--------OUTDATED---------[/b][/size]
The name convention for server should be:

[b][NANL] Team Deathmatch - TX[/b]

Of course change TX for whatever is the location of the server.

I made a cfg for anyone wanting to make a server with NANL settings, they should be considered beta for now. So keep in mind that [b]this is not final.[/b] The file is attached to this post.

Sorry if the formatting is not that great, I will edit my post later to make it clearer.

[size=medium]Here's a list of settings that differ from regular Nexuiz:[/size]

[size=medium][b]-- Physics[/b][/size]
sv_airaccelerate 10 [i](default is 5.5)[/i]
sv_accelerate 6.5 [i](default is 5.5)[/i]
sv_friction 4 [i](default is 5)[/i]
sv_wallfriction 0.6 [i](default is 1)[/i]
sv_stopspeed 210 [i](default is 100)[/i]

[size=medium][b]-- Weapons[/b][/size]
g_balance_rocketlauncher_speed 925 [i](default is 850)[/i]
g_balance_shotgun_primary_damage 7 [i](default is 12)[/i]
g_balance_shotgun_secondary_damage 7 [i](default is 12)[/i]

[size=medium][b]Brief explanation for the changes[/b][/size]
[b]-- Physics[/b]
Changed for more precise movement and faster gameplay. [i]sv_stopspeed[/i] was changed because of lower friction, because even with faster acceleration when you stop moving you're slidding. Setting it to 210 fixes it and feels more like default physics.

[b]-- Shotgun[/b]
Weaker to force players to use their head and not simply jump at their opponent's faces as soon as they respawn, they should use strategy and try to get a good weapon/armor before attacking.

[b]-- Rockets[/b]
Slightly faster to compensate for the fact that gameplay is a lot faster with new physics, probably isn't that noticable.

[size=medium][b]Map list[/b][/size]
soylent
darkzone_nanlbeta1 [i](modified version of darkzone for faster gameplay and item placement better suited for tdm)[/i]
final_rage
toxic
*aggressor

*I am unsure about aggressor, but it's here for now so it can be tested. Actually, the number of maps that will be officially in map pool for League matches will probably be narrowed down to a maximum of 3 for the first season of NANL. Everyone is new at 2vs2 and I want people to have enough practice and strategy on all available maps.

[size=medium]Along with this cfg will come a custom progs.dat with the following features (required for NANL)[/size] [b]The progs.dat is not ready yet, I will add it to this post in the next couple days:[/b]

[size=medium][b]Map reset[/b][/size]
This feature was recently added to SVN and is not in 2.3. When all that want to play have selected a team and are ready, map will reset with a 10 seconds countdown before match starts. In regular nexuiz, map would restart and players would need to reselect which team to play which is not very practical.

[size=medium][b]Teamlock[/b][/size]
[i]Teamlock[/i] allows players to play duels/2vs2/3vs3/etc. on the same server (depending on maxplayers) by "locking" the teams once all players are ready and map resets. Once match is started, observers cannot join a team and have to wait until next map. Anyone connecting to server during a match will of course also have to wait. They can eat some popcorn, enjoy the show then take a spot in next match. This stops random people from entering the game and ruin an ongoing match.

[b][size=medium]Spectalk[/size][/b]
Another feature recently added in SVN is the ability for observers to chat with each other using team chat (like teammates do ingame to send team messages). With [i]spectalk[/i] set to [i]"0"[/i], observers will be unable to chat publicly during matches and only talk to other observers, this way they can't disrupt players with useless chat/spam. This is optional but should be used by default.

Attached File(s)
.cfg  nanl_beta2.cfg (Size: 846 bytes / Downloads: 17)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2007, 07:25 AM
RE: NANL Server config
Just set this up to test on my server and the resounding opinion of those who played seems to be... A+

It makes moving around the map so much more fun.

I wasn't sure about the speedy rockets, but they do help balance out with the faster movement.
Dokujisan, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Dec 2007.
Find all posts by this user
12-31-2007, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2008 06:54 PM by nifrek.)
Here is the map darkzone_nanlbeta1.

Put it in you /data directory and [b]rename extension from .zip to .pk3[/b]

Changes:

Upper floor now higher, A LOT less items, this way there's a weak and a strong area + the middle area. It works a lot better that way for tdm, it's much more about strategy now. Added the nex below the trap door. Changed the tube, it was way too small.

Attached File(s)
.pk3  darkzone_nanlbeta1.pk3 (Size: 1.15 MB / Downloads: 14)
01-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Updated the cfg to a newer version and added info about server name convention.
01-10-2008, 01:10 AM
You're missing an end quote on g_maplist.
[url]http://mkzelda.net[/url] - Repository for my nexuiz files
[url]http://www.optimalclan.com[/url] - [O]ptimal Clan
01-10-2008, 01:45 AM
Fixed, thanks.