Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nexuiz in My Meditative State
03-19-2009, 11:11 AM
RE: Nexuiz in My Meditative State
Its very true. Being able to beat the tar out of noobs is great fun Icon_twisted

In saying that I'm always willing to spec people and give them tips on how to become better players. Had a good game last night that went similarly to that. The other players were actually alright and definately had a good grasp of the game, they just needed more practice and a few hints about laser jumping!
Possibly not the worst mapper in the world
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2009, 11:13 PM
I agree with vbraun. I enjoy playing thoroughly. While I'm not awesome at Nexuiz, I play decently. I can't say the same for Halo. Halo is a fun game, but I can not play it for a long period of time. I can't play CoD for long either, but I have played Nexuiz for 6-8 hours straight.
I am better at Nexuiz than I am at Halo or CoD because I enjoy practicing Nexuiz. I enjoy losing Nexuiz as well as winning, because losing creates more spectacular kills. Icon_mrgreen My friends don't agree with me in that they don't enjoy Nexuiz as much as I do. One friend is quite insane at Halo. Another is quite good at Magic, and one is a ninja. Icon_ninja_look But to each his own.
When I play I get an adrenaline rush. When my heart rate rises, I make a mistake and die(usually with the flag or low health.) When I just don't care, I seem to make it back to the base or kill the five people trying to slaughter me. It's not that I don't care about playing, It's that I don't care about the outcome. It keeps the mind clear so that good decisions are made.
[img]https://home.comcast.net/~mastermind7373/master[mind]-siggy-1.png[/img]
Winning requires Learning. You Learn by Losing. Thus Winning [i]requires[/i] Losing.
04-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Does anyone have experience playing Nexuiz while on psychedelics? In my more chemically-oriented days I found that a certain fungus inspired subject-object unity in a variety of activities from mountain-biking to snowboarding to playing mario-kart.

*not recommending or condoning, just saying...
zombie, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Feb 2008.
04-30-2009, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2009 08:56 AM by TwEaK.)
How is going into a rage when you lose going into a meditative state?
[url]http://abigjew.evony.com/[/url]

Server 75
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2009, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2009 09:27 AM by AnArKiSt.)
If the object is to remain calm while you're playing, it does not matter if you flip out between matches. If getting ticked after you lose makes you vent some anger and play better and more calmly next match, so be it. Life is all about results, and the steps taken to reach those results tend to be irrelevant, I find.
[img]http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/lsu3yp5qc56g69dtt8ey.jpg[/img]
04-30-2009, 07:15 PM
I agree up to a point. Doing something wrong to get results is not the right solution sometimes. Like if I want money. The correct solution to that result is to get a job, but the incorrect solution is to rob a bank or be a loan shark. Sometimes the method affects the result. While you may get away with the bank money for some time, there are high chances you will get caught, but if you work, you have the legal right to the money and no one can say otherwise(minus taxes).
Winning requires Learning. You Learn by Losing. Thus Winning [i]requires[/i] Losing.
04-30-2009, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2009 08:07 PM by TwEaK.)
(04-30-2009 09:26 AM)AnArKiSt Wrote:  If the object is to remain calm while you're playing, it does not matter if you flip out between matches. If getting ticked after you lose makes you vent some anger and play better and more calmly next match, so be it. Life is all about results, and the steps taken to reach those results tend to be irrelevant, I find.

Better off staying calm the entire time. Letting a loss affect you = bad, no matter what.[hr]
master[mind Wrote:' pid='7083' dateline='1241133359']
I agree up to a point. Doing something wrong to get results is not the right solution sometimes. Like if I want money. The correct solution to that result is to get a job, but the incorrect solution is to rob a bank or be a loan shark. Sometimes the method affects the result. While you may get away with the bank money for some time, there are high chances you will get caught, but if you work, you have the legal right to the money and no one can say otherwise(minus taxes).

You are comparing getting angry then venting between maps to robbing a bank?

Server 75
05-02-2009, 12:46 PM
My point wasn't about the game, I was just stating that any means of doing something isn't always right. Venting anger after a game isn't a bad thing, if it helps you win, then do it. But sometimes a method of doing something has more harmful results than good ones, like robbing a bank to get money instead of working.
05-02-2009, 03:10 PM
(04-29-2009 05:01 PM)zombie Wrote:  Does anyone have experience playing Nexuiz while on psychedelics? In my more chemically-oriented days I found that a certain fungus inspired subject-object unity in a variety of activities from mountain-biking to snowboarding to playing mario-kart.

*not recommending or condoning, just saying...

If you were to play Nexuiz after taking psilocybin mushrooms, I think the lack of manual precision would offset any "meditative" bonuses that tripping might induce. Revelations about how you can keep calm while playing, enjoy the game more, et cetera, could always be applied to sober play.
05-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Would all depend on the dosage, I can see a low dose having a positivite effect, but if you are tripping balls, good luck doing anything productive in nexuiz.

Server 75