Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shotgun Slugs, a whole new weapon
12-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Shotgun Slugs, a whole new weapon
I was just messing around with weapon balance and I entered this command g_balance Shotgun_primary Spread 0 and... wow, shotgun is a long range weapon now! the shotgun is more powerful this way but harder to hit your opponent with.

I'm personally content with the current weapon balance but... if the shotgun primary fire is changed in this way it would be more fun for sniper style players to use :D
Zailemaos, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Sep 2009.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2009, 02:42 PM
RE: Shotgun Slugs, a whole new weapon
I think we have something thats hitscan and does a ton of damage...lets see. Naxuiz Nixuiz NEXuiz? must be the nex.
You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be all right
all right, all right

Viva la Revolution!
12-27-2009, 02:59 PM
im not looking to replace the nex by any means! in fact a stock shotgun with primary spread 0 does more damage than a nex within 1 nex refire rate (1.5). Primary shotgun does 72 damage per shot and has refire rate of 0.5 , a nex does about 110 damage; so in other words a primary shotgun shots will do twice the damage of a nex in the same period of time.

to balance out a 0 spread primary shotgun fire the following things could be done:
1. reduce damage so it does the same ammount of damage over time as the nex. the nex is still supperior in shotty vs nex as the shotty has to make more succesfull hits in order to hold his or her ground. in fact the equalizing damage for the shotgun would be 36.667 per shot.

2. reduce refire rate, I havent done any math on this yet.

3. reduce bullet speed?

4. have bullet drop to make those long range shots more challenging.
Zailemaos, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Sep 2009.
12-29-2009, 12:13 AM
I didn't say you were replacing the nex, I said we already have a long range hitscan weapon, actually we have two.

so you want to make the shotgun have no spread and then not make it hitscan?

I think the shotgun was suppose to be a short range weapon and the current 2.5.2 shotgun is way overpowered right now.

you were talking about how shotgun does more damage then nex, thats if every bullet hits the enemy and thats almost impossible unless he is standing still and you're right in his face.

And what would the secondary shotgun be?

If it were to be hitscan, the nex is already the most powerful weapon in the game we don't need the starting weapon to be jsut a weakened version of this.

And at the shotgun vs nex battle it would just who has better aim, so if someone has way better aim then the other he would dominate with just the starting weapon.
You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be all right
all right, all right

Viva la Revolution!
12-29-2009, 12:41 PM
maybe a knife on the shot gun?

lol

staby stab stab!!!

:^
chooksta, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Mar 2009.
01-22-2010, 02:06 AM
No how bout a katana on the end of the shotgun! :D
02-11-2010, 02:06 AM
I think changing the ShotGun to a more accurate weapon like the Nex, it'd be really hard to fire, since I hardly ever fire it when I am not 5 feet from my opponent.
[align=center][color=red]I[/color][color=white]nspire[/color] [color=green]T[/color][color=white]hrough[/color] [color=blue]D[/color][color=white]esire[/color][color=cyan].[/color][/align]