Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[idea] new weapon
10-01-2008, 01:42 PM
[idea] new weapon
I thought of this just now, and I think it has potential. How about a weapon that steals health/armor (and/or maybe weapons/ammo) from the target? That is, it sucks it out of them and gives it to you. It could be like the "Ghostbusters" guns, as in you would have to maintain a continuous beam on the target for a set amount of time to reap their health/armor. Perhaps you could rob all their health, thereby actually killing them with this weapon, or maybe it would never leave them without 1 hp at the very least.

Alt fire could be used to distribute health/armor to teammates (ie flag carrier).

Imagine the teamwork if several players used these weapons simultaneously on the same enemy/teammate? Anyway, I think it's an exciting idea... encourages that (ever sought) teamwork and is a significantly different weapon to add into the mix. Love to hear what people think about it.

-zombie
zombie, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Feb 2008.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2008, 01:46 PM
RE: [idea] new weapon
That is a good idea, it would be very handy.

You could also have a gravity gun to gravitate your weapons, health, to you ora weapon that levitates you or enemys and team-mates.
Aristotle Wrote:We make war that we may live in peace.
Herbert Hoover Wrote:Older men declare war. But it's the youth who must fight and die!
Barack Obama Wrote:We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2008, 04:54 PM
I think that a weapon like that would definately encourage teamplay and make it much more important. However, I have one modification suggestion. If the weapon sucked health from an opponent and gave that health to the person firing it, it would encourage selfish gameplay. I think that such a weapon should store the health (to a certain extent) and only be able to give it out to teammates. (this would be toggle able) Very nice idea zombie.
[img]http://themitclan.com/images/Slash-Banner.png[/img]

slash, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Apr 2008.
10-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Bit of a problem. What happens when two people are both attacking each other at the same time with the weapon. Does it do nothing?
Possibly not the worst mapper in the world
10-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! Slash that's an interesting suggestion. I'm not against the storage of health in the weapon so that it can only be given away--I think that is a great idea, actually (even more teamwork!), but I disagree that robbing health from enemies for yourself is very selfish!

Sepelio- I hadn't thought of that situation, but I suppose that yes, the net effect could be nothing. Remember though that it's not like "one shot=total health drain", so the combatant who maintained "beam-contact" with his opponent the longest would be the net beneficiary of the exchange.

Medjay- I've heard of the gravity gun before, but not played with it (half-life?). I understand that it's pretty popular, so it could be a good addition to Nexuiz. I worry though that it might be too powerful (imagine the effect on space maps). Also, some of the levitation effects are already sort of handled by the laser and rocket launcher.

If only I was a developer!
zombie, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Feb 2008.
10-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Perhaps, that you can only levitate teammembers, to help them to the other side or something.
Herbert Hoover Wrote:Older men declare war. But it's the youth who must fight and die!
Barack Obama Wrote:We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America.
10-05-2008, 10:57 PM
I wish we had a crossbow and an axe... and maybe a flamethrower... and proximity mines.
mikeeusa, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Apr 2008.
10-05-2008, 11:23 PM
I like the crossbow/axe idea, but I think it would be best in like a separate game mode ('nexuiz medieval'). Flamethrower would be pretty cool, but could be too much like the electro, idk... proximity mines are definitely cool, but would result in a lot of teamkilling, i think.
10-06-2008, 11:28 AM
there already is a flame thrower: on nexuiz 1.2 with a cheat, look at this page :[URL]http://ouns.wikispaces.com/cheats[/urL]
and this: [url]http://ouns.wikispaces.com/gun.flaregun[/url]
10-06-2008, 03:33 PM
zombie Wrote:I like the crossbow/axe idea, but I think it would be best in like a separate game mode ('nexuiz medieval'). Flamethrower would be pretty cool, but could be too much like the electro, idk... proximity mines are definitely cool, but would result in a lot of teamkilling, i think.

Why a seperate mode? Now we can have many weapons in _addition_ to the standard 9. For instance I would have axes and crossbows hanging on the walls of the castles I make. They would be special weapons, not considered part of the "core" weapons. I dislike that everytime we talk of additional weapons someone demands it be in a seperate game mode.

In the past that was needed.
Now the new weaps can be decorations that you could pick up if wished.
mikeeusa, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Apr 2008.