Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Growing interest with the physics
05-21-2008, 12:21 PM
RE: Growing interest with the physics
The person that just made a kill has a huge advantage over the person respawning because they already have a significant speed advantage. Also there are a few area where you can watch 2 spawn points, which gives you a 1/3 chance of being spawn rapped upon spawning if they happen to be there, which might be too high.

I'll keep tricking people to play with nanl on.
vbraun, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Mar 2008.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2008, 02:32 PM
So far, I haven't done very well with the [b]New Movement[/b] (NM?) physics. I'm gonna keep working at it to get familiar with it though.

The added air movement is so strange that is just throws me off. I miss ledges and bump into things a lot. You know how people often strafe while doing a combo? Well, I'm just now getting used to my timing with that in regular mode, but I fail when it comes to NM. (I'm just gonna keep calling it that until some other name gets mentioned :P )

I can see how it would work better for maps like stormkeep as opposed to soylent. I was playing a 2v2TDM with icky, vbraun and machine on stormkeep last week and it seemed so easy for the other team to run through the map to find me after a respawn. That's one of the things I like about stormkeep, that you aren't as likely to get spawn raped because it's more spread out than other 1v1 maps. I can't say I was very happy with the physics that time.
Dokujisan, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Dec 2007.
05-22-2008, 01:40 AM
Runningman Remix is just tons of fun with the new physics, it might even be too easy to move.
vbraun, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Mar 2008.